About Our ShelterThe Pet ShopShelter Wish ListSurrender an AnimalAbout Spay/NeuterSpay/Neuter/Now Clinic ScheduleImportant Phone NumbersLicensing Your DogLost a Pet?Found a Pet?Medical EmergenciesRabies ClinicsFundraising EventsSPCA Critter Giver 500 ClubDonationsNewsletterWhere There's a Will There's a WayHappy Tails!Links
2017 Rabies Clinics
ST. LAWRENCE COUNTY PUBLIC HEALTH DEPARTMENT
Human Services Building (Clinics held at back of building)
80 State Highway 310, Suite 2
Canton, NY 13617
Phone: (315) 386-2325
|Saturday, February 25||12-2 p.m.||Massena St. Lawrence Centre Mall|
|Thursday, April 20||6-7 p.m.||Parishville Fire Station|
|Wednesday, April 26||6-7 p.m.||Lisbon Fire Station|
|Wednesday, April 26||6-8 p.m.||Morristown Fire Hall|
|Tuesday, May 2||6-8 p.m.||Waddington Town Barn|
|Tuesday, May 9||6-8 p.m.||Louisville Municipal Building|
|Wednesday, May 17||6-8 p.m.||Ogdensburg Fire Department|
|Thursday, May 18||6-8 pm.||Potsdam Town Barn|
|Wednesday, May 24||6-7:30 p.m.||Hammond Town Barn|
|Saturday, May 27||6-8 p.m.||Canton Human Services Building|
|Thursday, June 8||6-7 p.m.||Colton Storage Building|
|Thursday, June 15||6-8 p.m.||Star Lake Fire Hall|
|Thursday, June 15||6-8 p.m.||Brasher Falls Tri-Town Arena|
|Wednesday, July 5||6-8 p.m.||Pierrepont Highway Garage|
|Thursday, July 13||6-8 p.m.||Gouverneur Town Barn|
|Thursday, August 17||6-8 p.m.||Fowler Town Barn|
|Saturday, August 26||4-6 p.m.||Canton Human Services Building|
|Monday, October 2||6-8 p.m.||DeKalb Town Barn|
|Wednesday, October 18||6-8 p.m.||Ogdensburg Fire Department|
|Wednesday, October 25||6-7 p.m.||Lisbon Fire Station|
|Saturday, November 4||2-4 p.m.||Canton Human Services Building|
PLEASE NOTE...IT IS IMPORTANT TO MAKE SURE ALL DOMESTICATED DOGS, CATS, AND FERRETS ARE IMMUNIZED AGAINST RABIES.
- Three Year Vaccinations are available but a CURRENT RABIES CERTIFICATE is required and is the only acceptable proof for an animal to receive a three year vaccination certificate. According to NYS law, the rabies tag is NOT acceptable proof of a previous vaccination.
- Dogs and cats must be at least three (3) months old to be vaccinated.
- Pregnant dogs and cats CAN be vaccinated.
- ANIMALS MUST HAVE A COLLAR AND LEASH. CATS MUST BE IN AN ANIMAL CARRIER OR A PILLOWCASE.
- ALL ANIMALS MUST BE UNDER THE CONTROL OF AN ADULT.
- Ferrets need to be vaccinated yearly.